Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pimento Cheese

A southern favorite and one of mine: Pimento Cheese.  This is yet another item I can add to the Steve conversion list.  He sore he did not like pimento cheese and yet he changed his mind after trying mine.  I didn't understand why he thought he didn't like pimento cheese because it's just cheese, which he loves, mayo. and some pimentos.  He tried it and loves it now. Success :)

I enjoy a good ole' pimento cheese sandwich from time to time but it's really my favorite on a saltine cracker.  I'm tellin' ya', it's the simple things that make me the happiest.  I've tried several store bought brands and made about 3 different recipes and this one is my favorite.  Probably because I really like a good sharp cheese instead of the Velveeta variety. You can always change the cheeses to suite your taste though.


Pimento Cheese
Printable Recipe
Source: Paula Deen's Kitchen Classics

Ingredients:

8 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
8 oz extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1 jar pimentos
1/4 cup mayonnaise
salt & pepper

Directions:

Combine cheeses and pimentos (with juice) and mix well. 

Add in mayonnaise and mix until well combined.

Add salt & pepper to taste.

Cover and put in refrigerator at least 30 minutes before serving. 

Keep in air-tight container in refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kentucky Food Bloggers
Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.