Monday, October 3, 2011

Got Any Tots?

Is there anything better than a good ole hot dog and a side of tots?  Sometimes it's the simpler things that make me smile.  I've been wanting to make tater tots for awhile but just hadn't gotten around to it.  Steve had been working late on our patio project one evening and I hadn't really planned dinner....then a light bulb went off and I thought of these crispy golden treats.
I found these on Can You Stay for Dinner, and while mine are a bit more "rustic" looking, I think they were equally as tasty.  I was in a hurry and didn't have the time to really mold my tots into perfect little logs before frying, but I kinda like my oddly shaped tots...don't you? They accompany a grilled hot dog just beautifully :)


Tater Tots
printable recipe
Source: Can You Stay for Dinner 
 
Ingredients:

3 medium potatoes  (finely grated and dried)
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 cup canola oil

Directions:

Mix the potatoes, flour, salt and pepper.  Then form into 1” logs.

Heat oil in a large pot until it's so hot that dripping a drop of water on the surface immediately sizzles and spatters.

Fry tots in batches until all sides are golden brown.

Serve with mustard & ketchup, alongside some grilled hot dogs! YUMMY

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kentucky Food Bloggers
Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.