Monday, October 31, 2011

Dog Cheating & Creamy Chicken Casserole

Greta is driving me nuts!  She has been jumping and sniffing on me since I walked in the door.  Why? Because I spent the last few hours "cheating on her".  Well, at least that's how she makes me feel when I've been around another dog.  She met me at the door, waggin' her nub of tail, like always.  Almost immediately she gets this odd look in her eyes; a sad, depressed kind of look.  Then the sniffing and jumping craze starts, almost like she's questioning me: "Where have you been? Who have you been with? Who were you petting, is she cuter than me?"

Some friends of ours had a baby a few weeks ago-Hudson.  I took them dinner Friday evening and spent a few hours holding the baby, eating dinner, and talking.  They have a dog, Sadie.  She's a total cutie and Greta smelled her the second I walked in the door.  She doesn't take kindly to me walking in with another dog's scent.  I can't blame her.  Although Sadie is super cute, she's not as sweet and pretty as my baby and neither hold a candle to baby Hudson.  He was just the sweetest little thing! Check out Lauren's blog to see her bundle of joy.
 
I took my friends this chicken casserole, along with mashed potatoes, corn, and chocolate chip cookies. I've made this chicken casserole several times and it's great.  Not only is it tasty, it travels well and is great the next day.  I really enjoy cooking for myself and my husband but nothing gives me more pleasure than cooking for others.  It's so rewarding to take someone food and have them not just appreciate the dinner but truly enjoy the food.  That being said, there is nothing more sad than having your puppy child look at you with disappointed eyes because you came home from loving on another canine. 

Creamy Chicken Casserole
Printable Recipe 
 
Ingredients:

4 or 5 chicken breast
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 can milk*
1 stick butter, melted
1 package Stove top dressing (chicken)
1 can chicken broth

Directions:

Cook chicken breast in crockpot with 1 can broth, salt, pepper, and a little butter on low for 6-7 hours.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Place chicken in a 9x13 casserole/baking dish and shred with fork. 

Mix the broth from crockpot with a stick of melted butter, set aside.

Mix soup and milk (measure milk in one of the cream of chicken soup cans) and pour over chicken.

Top with dry dressing then pour broth/butter mixture on top.

Bake casserole, uncovered for 45 minutes or until top is golden brown.


I hope ya'll have a blessed week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kentucky Food Bloggers
Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.