Sunday, September 18, 2011

Banana Bread

Since today is my good friend, Brittany's Birthday I thought I would share one of her recipes.  Besides, is there any better way to use those overly-ripe bananas but to make a quick bread?  I think not.  If you think you can't cook or bake, you're wrong.  For those of you reading this that feel it takes some sort of supernatural talent to bake or you want to boost your kitchen confidence...make this bread!  I'm telling you it's the easiest thing and it never fails! 

This is my friend, Brittany's recipe for banana bread but I added cinnamon to mine-which is why it's a little darker than normal banana bread.  The bread is great without cinnamon but since I love it so much, I add it to just about everything I bake.  :) You can also add walnuts to this recipe but I really prefer it without, but that's just me. 

Banana bread is something I like for breakfast, with my lunch, or for dessert :) It's very versatile in my opinion.  My favorite is to barely warm it in the microwave and spread some cream cheese on top...YUMMY!


Banana Bread   
Printable Recipe

Yield: 1 loaf

Ingredients:

3 or 4 ripe bananas, mashed
1/3 cup melted butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp cinnamon(optional)
pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups flour (all purpose)

Directions:

Preheat oven 350 degrees F.

Prepare loaf pan by spray with non-stick spray.  I also line the bottom of mine with parchment paper.

Mix all ingredients with a wooden spoon*, adding flour last.

Bake for 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle.

Allow bread to cool completely before inverting pan onto a plate then sprinkle a little sugar on top for some extra sweetness.  

*I'm not sure if using a wooden spoon really matters because I've never tried it without :) It's just one of things where I know the wooden spoon always works so why take a chance.  Next to my iron skillet, a wooden spoon is probably my next invaluable kitchen tool.  If for some crazy reason you don't have one, go get one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kentucky Food Bloggers
Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.