Friday, September 23, 2011

Spicy Roast

When a coworker first told me about "Spicy Roast" I knew I had to try it out.  However, when she told me the 3 ingredients I was doubtful.  How can a dish with only 3 ingredients be good? Much to my surprise, this roast was just what I needed.  It was SUPER-DUPER easy-your crock pot does all the work and it was so tasty.  

If you don't have a crock pot, you may want to invest in one.  You don't have to get an expensive one; in fact around the holidays they go on clearance at a lot of stores.  I work at a large chain pharmacy and last year ours went on sale for $5.00!!!! I was going to buy one to have an extra but a customer bought all 7 we had in stock.  I received my crock pot as a shower gift when I was getting married and it's definitely one of the best gifts we got.  I always felt like using a crock pot wasn't really cooking and it was just for the lazy person.  That was until I was working full time, had a very high energy, demanding dog, and a husband to feed.  Your crock pot is your best friend!  Not to mention, it makes tasty roasts, ribs, chili, soup, etc. 


these 4 things are all you need for a yummy dinner
 Spicy Roast


Ingredients:

Pot Roast, 3-5 lbs.
1 package Auju sauce
1 jar pepperoncini peppers 

Directions:

Place all ingredients in crock pot and cook on low 6-8 hours
Do not make the Auju sauce, simply sprinkle the powder over roast, do not add any water and do not drain peppers.





Cooking the roast in the crock pot all day makes it tender and moist and the sweetness of the peppers was lovely.  This dish is full of flavor and re-heats well for a nice leftover lunch, add a bun and have yourself a nice sandwich :)

Do you have a favorite crock pot meal? Don't forget to enter my fall giveaway.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Kentucky Food Bloggers
Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.