Monday, September 5, 2011

Couponing

I mentioned before I liked the show "Extreme Couponing" and I have been doing a lot better at saving money at the grocery using coupons.  Well, this past week my mom brought me some great coupons and after doing a little research at my local CVS/Pharmacy there were several items on sale that I had coupons for and I also had $5.00 extra care bucks to spend.  So....I decided to see just how much I could save on items I was actually going to use! I'm not into buying things just because it's a good deal, that's a waste.  I only purchase things I will use and only clip coupons for said items.




Here's what I got:
1 can Febreze air effects
1 bottle Dawn dish soap
1 can Gillette shaving cream
1 stick Gillette deodorant
1 bottle Gillette body wash
1 stick Old Spice deodorant
1 bottle Old Spice body wash
1 Crest toothpaste
1 Colgate toothpaste


When I said these are items I use, what I meant was, these are items Steve will use, well most of them anyway :)


Total Retail Value: $39.00 (including tax)
After manufacture coupons and store coupons I paid...........
$3.73!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 I'm not really trying to be an extreme couponer and may never have this amount of savings again but it was VERY exciting to save that much money and I totally understand the adrenaline rush the extreme couponers get!  I would like to give a special thanks to my cashier and co-worker, Nathan (I should probably make him and his wife some baked goods).  If not for him, this savings would not have been possible!  It's tricky when using multiple coupons because if you don't ring them in the correct order you don't get as much savings.  For example I had a coupon for a free deodorant if you bought the body wash and I also had a $1.00 off coupon for the body wash.  If you rang the $1.00 off coupon before the buy one get one coupon it would not allow you to use both.  I now understand why the couponing people have to watch the cashier and register so closely-not because the cashier will knowingly make a mistake but because if not done in the correct sequence you cannot use all your coupons!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kentucky Food Bloggers
Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.