Monday, August 29, 2011

Zucchini Pancakes

I've been in such a cooking rut lately.  I had mentioned before that this summer has been super hot and cooking hasn't been happening a lot in my kitchen.  Truth is, I don't always love cooking.  Nope, I have those moments/days/weeks that I just don't want to cook.  When it's really hot and I'm tired, the last thing I feel like doing is getting in the kitchen.  Instead, my butt gets parked on the couch.  I'm really looking forward to this fall and even winter, although cold weather isn't my favorite, the food that accompanies that weather is my favorite! I've been dreaming of soups and stews and slow roasted chicken :) Yum....

But, a girl's gotta eat and until the temperature drops, I've still got to cook.  I saw these zucchini pancakes at King Arthur  and since I had some leftover zucchini frozen in my fridge I whipped these up one night.  I liked them alright, but honestly, I should have added more cheese! Afterall, you can never have too much cheese, right?  They were quick and easy and I didn't break a sweat making them :) That's always a good thing.
Zucchini Pancakes
Printable Recipe 
Adapted From: King Arthur Flour 

I cut the original recipe in half and left out a few ingredients. 
  
Yield: about 10 cakes.

Ingredients:

2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper or coarse black pepper
1/8 cup olive oil or vegetable oil
2 teaspoons salt, to taste
1 teaspoon dried basil\
2 cups coarsely grated zucchini; about one 10" zucchini
1 cup All-Purpose Flour
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan


Directions:


Preheat a griddle or frying pan over medium-high heat.

Beat the eggs with the oil, salt, and pepper until thoroughly combined.

Add the basil, zucchini, and cheese, stirring to combine.

Stir in the flour.

Grease the hot skillet/griddle lightly. Drop the batter in 1/4 cupfuls onto the griddle.

Cook cakes for 3 minutes, or until they're brown on the bottom, and bubbles have appeared on their tops.


Flip the cakes, and cook them for about 3-4 minutes on the second side.

Repeat until you've used all of the batter. 

Serve warm, at room temperature, or cold; with butter and grated cheese




No comments:

Post a Comment

Kentucky Food Bloggers
Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.