Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Saturday Fun

This past Saturday my mom and I went to a few antique stores in Versailles and had a lovely lunch at 303 W which is in Danville.  What is now 303 W used to be a pool hall way back in the day and my grandfather actually went there often.  They have renovated the place but kept a few of the original pool tables and the original hardwood floors which I just adored.  It's such a cute little place to eat and the history makes it that much better.  I forgot my camera and didn't think about pulling out my phone to take a picture of our lunch.  So instead of showing you, I'll just tell you what we had...

I had a most delicious pulled pork BBQ sandwich with sweet potato fries. It was so yummy! The BBQ sauce was my favorite-so sweet and smokey and thick :) I like my BBQ sauce extra thick and it was so tasty with some homemade sweet potato fries.  My mom had a chicken salad wrap which she was gracious enough to allow me to try-it was also excellent! Then for dessert (not that we needed any because we were full) a chocolate chip cheesecake with fudge sauce drizzled on top.  The cheesecake was very good as well but I think I enjoyed the presentation just as much as the taste.  Again, I wish I had a picture to show you...but it came in a martini glass with 4 little individual cheesecakes and fudge sauce and whipped cream on top! It was such a great lunch.

After eating, we headed home but not before making a stop in Lancaster to visit a new (just opened last fall) butcher shop, called Marksbury Farm Market. They have a great assortment of meats and also fresh breads, local produce, pastas, grains, and diary products.  They also have some jams, honey, and even a few body products.  It's just the cutest little shop EVER! I loved it and wish I could work there :)  You can also find them on facebook.  I did remember my phone this time, so here's a picture:
Marksbury Farm Market
 This may sound so incredibly stupid but I was super excited about buying some milk there because not only is it from a local farm but it comes in a GLASS container! How cute is that? I took a picture of my loot:



Not sure if you can read the text but I thought this was pretty cute
We don't have many local stores like this and I was so glad to go there and plan on going there more often.  They were extremely busy which is encouraging-hopefully they will be in business a long time.  If you're every in my area please take some time to stop at the Marksbury Farm Market, you'll enjoy it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kentucky Food Bloggers
Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.