Saturday, September 10, 2011

Peanut Butter Dog Treats & Greta's 2nd Birthday

My baby turned 2 Thursday.  On her first birthday, I made her wear a hat and she HATED it!  You can see a picture of it on my "about" page.  I decided I was going to make her wear the hat again because she looked so stinkin' cute but changed my mind after I thought about how much of a pain it was to get her to sit still long enough to put it on last year.  

I wanted to purchase a Birthday Cake from a local dog bakery but they were expensive so I decided to just make her some treats.  Greta loves peanut butter and anytime you get it out to make a sandwich you can find her at your feet, drooling all over the floor until she receives a big spoon full.  These treats are fast and super easy and Greta LOVES them! They are much more cost effective than buying treats, so I will probably continue to make these on a semi-regular basis.  If you have a small dog, these treats would be much cheaper than buying treats from the store.  

Here are some silly pictures of Greta stealing my rain boots the morning of her Birthday :) 
I've been spotted

What? These are mine.

I'm just lounging on your bed, no biggie.

If I don't look at you, you can't see me. Right?




Peanut Butter Dog Treats
Printable Recipe 
Source:  What Megan's Making

Ingredients:

2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup milk*

*original recipe calls for skim milk which I do not keep, so I used whole milk.

Directions:

Preheat oven 375 degrees F.

In a large bowl, mix flour and baking powder. 

In another bowl, mix peanut butter and milk.

Then add the wet ingredient mixture to the dry ingredients and mix together until a dough forms.

On a floured surface, knead dough until it comes together then roll out to 1/4 inch thick. 

Cut out "dog treats" with cookie cutter.

Place treats on a prepared baking sheet (either use non-stick spray, parchment paper, or silpat) and bake 20 minutes or until lightly brown.

Allow dog treats to cool completely and store in an air-tight container.

Yield: 10-15 treats (depending on size of cookie cutter)

Show your dog how much you love them by making them some treats :)  

Then and now:

The day we brought her home

Sweet Girl

the trouble begins...

She was scared of our hallway for a few days :)


First Bath

2 years old
What can I say, I love my dog :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kentucky Food Bloggers
Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.