Friday, September 9, 2011

Gooey Brownies

As usual, I got bit with the "baking bug" around 9:30 pm one evening.  After searching through a cookbook and my pantry I decided to make something easy with a box of brownie mix that was about to expire.  This was one impromptu baking experiment that resulted in a tasty new discovery that I will revisit often!  These are probably my favorite brownies now :)
 
Like most things I make, you can tailor this recipe to suite your tastes and what you already have on hand.  If you don't love caramel (I'm not sure how you couldn't) you could just fudge sauce or add nuts instead of chocolate chips or use semi-sweet chips instead of milk chocolate.  It's a "whatever floats your boat recipe"....


Gooey Brownies
Printable Recipe 

Yield: 8x8 dish, 3/4 inch thick brownies

Ingredients:

1 box brownie mix & ingredients listed on box
1/2 cup caramel sauce
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips

Directions:

Preheat oven to temperature suggested on brownie box (usually 350 degrees F)

Mix brownies as directed on box recipe then add caramel and chocolate chips

Pour brownie mixture into prepared 8x8 baking dish*

Bake as directed on box or until cake tester comes out clean when inserted into middle of brownies. 

Cool completely on wire rack then cut into squares and serve

Keep stored in an air tight container


*I like my brownies really thick and chewy so if making in 13x9 dish I would use 2 boxes of brown mix and double the caramel and chocolate chips. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Kentucky Food Bloggers
Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.