Sunday, July 24, 2011

Yay for Sunday

We skipped church this morning because Steve is feeling under the weather.  Poor thing, he feels miserable :( I woke up and ate some breakfast, nothing fancy just some toast with honey and my coffee of course!
 I sat outside and could barely finish my breakfast because although it was only 8:30 it was far too hot to be outside drinking coffee.

Here's what Greta did this weekend:

silly girl
This afternoon I headed to the grocery.  We didn't need much and since I had nothing else to do I decided to head a few miles outta' the way to the biggest grocery in our area.  I normally don't do grocery shopping on Sundays-too busy.  I don't think I'll be doing it again unless I have to, but it wasn't as bad as I expected honestly.  I was so thrilled that they had a "bulk food" section.  None of the groceries I usually shop have that section and I've really been wanting to make my own parfaits but haven't since my stores don't sell granola (other than granola bars).  I decided on a simple honey oat granola but cannot wait to go back and try some of the others, including PUMPKIN MAPLE! Oh wow, I can only dream about how good that's gonna' be.  So, this is what I made as an afternoon snack:


Can you believe they were out of blueberries? Ah well.  I just got strawberries, raspberries, vanilla yogurt, & honey oat granola.  It was such a nice refreshing treat.

I also bought some yummy cranberry orange muffins that I can't wait to taste.  I'm going to try something new starting tomorrow: Breakfast.  I know most of you are probably confused...I don't usually eat breakfast except on the weekends.  I have a really nervous stomach and every since high school I have skipped breakfast because unless I'm up for at least an hour it makes me sick to eat in the mornings.  I know breakfast is the most important meal of the day and lately I find myself super hungry around 10:00 AM and right before lunch I almost crash from a lack of nutrition.  We'll see how it goes. 

Tomorrow I go for my second round of jury duty (Federal Court) selection! YAY.....NOT.  I've went once before and wasn't selected :) Hopefully I will have as much luck tomorrow. I'll let you know.  Have any of you served jury duty before? I always wanted to when I was in college but now that I work and have things to do I don't really feel like it would be all that exciting.  The case I didn't get chosen for last time was a 6-8 week trial! YIKES! I think the one tomorrow is only a ten day trial, so at least that wouldn't be so bad. 

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kentucky Food Bloggers
Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.