Friday, July 1, 2011

Corn Fritters


Stephen had been asking me to make these for weeks! Almost every night when he came home from work he would ask if we were having corn fritters for dinner.  So, I finally made them for him and they were amazing! I don't know what it is about simple foods but more times than not, it's the simplest foods that are my favs. How about you?

You can really make this recipe suite your tastes and experiment with different flavors.  The recipe I used calls for cayenne pepper, but if you don't want something with a kick you could change it out for whatever spices you prefer. I added a little more cayenne pepper and left out the chives from the original recipe.  The first time I made these I opted out of powdered sugar and maple syrup...BIG MISTAKE! I tried it the other night and it was great! It didn't seem like a good combo to me: slightly spicy corn fritters & sweet powdered sugar and maple syrup but it's genius I tell you. 



Corn Fritters
Source: The Pioneer Woman
Printable Recipe 

Ingredients:

  • ¾ cups All-purpose Flour
  • 1 tbsp Sugar
  • 1 tsp Baking Powder
  • 2 whole Eggs
  • ½ cups Milk
  • 1 tsp Kosher Salt
  • 3 tsp Cayenne Pepper
  • 4 cups Corn Kernels: Fresh, Frozen, Or Canned (I used frozen)
  • Canola Oil, For Frying
  • Powdered Sugar (optional)
  • Maple Syrup (optional)

Directions:

Mix flour, sugar, and baking powder. Add in the eggs, milk, salt, and cayenne pepper. Stir together to make a batter.

Add corn and fold together to combine.
Heat canola oil to 365 degrees. When oil is heated, drop spoonfuls (I used a large cookie scoop) of batter and cook, flipping to the other side, until golden brown.
Drain on a towel-lined plate. Serve alone, with dipping sauces, or sprinkled with powdered sugar or drizzled with maple syrup. I HIGHLY recommend the sugar and syrup!
 Make these & ENJOY! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kentucky Food Bloggers
Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.