Friday, July 22, 2011

Wedge Salad with Gorgonzola Dressing

I really enjoy a good salad. I have days that all I can think about is how much I want a good salad with rich, super thick, creamy dressing! My new favorite salad has been a wedge with blue cheese dressing.  I had my first wedge a few years ago at a local restaurant that makes their own dressing and I've been hooked ever since.  So, when I saw this post I knew I had to try it.  Gorgonzola dressing-how had I never tried this before? It did not disappoint.

I used more Greek yogurt than the original recipe because I like my dressing extra thick.  If you don't like it thick then use less (original recipe calls for 1/3 cup). I also had pancetta and no bacon so I used that instead. 

Gorgonzola Dressing
Printable Recipe
adapted from: Shutterbean

Ingredients:

2/3 cup buttermilk
1 scant cup Greek yogurt
1 large garlic clove, grated or minced
6 ounces crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
salt & fresh ground pepper
1 head iceberg lettuce, cut into 4 wedges
4 pieces pancetta, cooked and cut into cubes
1 small tomato, chopped

In a bowl, mix buttermilk, yogurt, & garlic clove together.  Add in Gorgonzola cheese and season with salt and pepper.

Spoon dressing over iceberg wedges and sprinkle with pancetta and tomatoes. 
This really makes a great summer salad!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kentucky Food Bloggers
Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.