Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookie Pies

Please excuse my absence, I've been in such a cooking funk the last two weeks.  I don't know what happened this year but Christmas snuck up on me and somehow it was the week of and I hadn't finished my shopping and I hadn't made any baked goods or candy and I hadn't been cooking.  When I finally did hunker down and decided to make a soup, it was a TOTAL fail and my hopes were destroyed and my funk returned. 
But I somehow found a little motivation to makes these little pots of goodness one night when I had my mom and stepdad over for dinner. I love a good chocolate chip cookie, don't you? And what's better than a chocolate chip cookie? One that's in a little ramekin and about 5 times thicker than a cookie, add a scoop of ice-cream on top and dig in! Next time you want chocolate chip cookies make these deep dish cookie pies....YUM :)
You can use your favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe and if you don't have one, try my favorite. I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas, I sure did.  Did you get anything fun and exciting? I'd love to know, especially if it's food/cooking related but even if it's not :)  I got an ice-cream maker attachment for my mixer and I don't care if we are snowed in this winter, I'll be making ice-cream and sharing those experiences with you!

Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookie Pies
Adapted from: Blue Eyed Bakers
Printable Recipe


Ingredients:

2 cups plus 2 tablespoons (10 5/8 ounces) unbleached all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and cooled until warm
1 cup packed (7 ounces) light or dark brown sugar
1/2 cup (3 1/2 ounces) granulated sugar
1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1-1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 F.

Whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt together in a medium bowl; set aside.

Either by hand or with an electric mixer, mix the butter and sugars until thoroughly blended.

Beat in the egg, yolk, and vanilla until combined.

Add the dry ingredients and beat at low speed just until combined.

Stir in the chocolate chips to taste. 


Fill ramekins 3/4″ deep with raw, room temperature cookie dough. 

Set ramekins on baking sheet and  bake on the middle rack of the oven for 13-16 minutes, or until the top is just slightly golden brown. 

These are best if the cookie is just under-done.

Top with vanilla ice cream and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kentucky Food Bloggers
Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.