Monday, December 5, 2011

Corn Pudding

This was one of the first dishes I made before I considered myself "a cook" and took to a gathering. Before I got married and moved into a home of my own, I didn't do much cooking and had no real interest in learning to cook.  I got married and realized I had to feed myself and my husband so I started cooking a little and realized I really enjoyed it and I wasn't terrible at it either.  The first time I made this I was still in college and going to my boyfriend's family Thanksgiving. It just so happens I married that boyfriend; I guess he liked my corn pudding :)
 
This recipe never fails and everyone always loves it.  In fact, I rarely have leftovers to take home if I've taken this dish to a pot-luck style dinner. Like many of my other recipes, it's super easy and doesn't require any special cooking technique.  I obtained this recipe from my mother but I'm not sure where the original recipe originated from.
Next time you're asked to bring a side dish, make this corn pudding.  I guarantee at least two people will ask for the recipe. And is there anything better than having someone ask for your recipe?  In my book, that's the ultimate compliment!

Corn Pudding
Printable Recipe

Ingredients:

1 can cream corn
1 can corn, drained
1 box jiffy corn muffin mix
1 (16 oz) container sour cream
1 stick butter, melted
2 eggs

Directions:

Preheat oven 400 degrees F.

In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together.

Pour into a 9x9 prepared baking dish (or larger baking dish).

Bake for 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center.

Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kentucky Food Bloggers
Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.