Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Buffalo Wings

I love buffalo wings. It's funny because I had never had wings until just a few years ago but I quickly became addicted. I enjoy the boneless wings as well but there's something about a nice bone-in wing that's been smothered in buffalo sauce that gets me excited.  Somehow it had never occurred to me to make my own version at home.
A few weeks ago they had bags of "party wings" on sale and a light bulb went off..."make your own wings Meagan, duh!" I must give myself a little pat on the back if that's okay, my wings were pretty darn good. I'm a bit of a wuss when it comes to spicy food, mine has to be on the mild side so these wings are not hot but just the right amount of sweet and spicy that suits me.  If you wanted hot wings you can always add more hot sauce of course.
We had friends over Saturday early afternoon to watch the game and these were perfect game fare.  For those of you who don't live in the great commonwealth of Kentucky and are wondering, what's "the game" I will fill you in...when I say "the game" I mean The University of Kentucky and this weekend we just so happened to be playing Louisville (please note the tone of disgust when I say Louisville) Hehe.  Luckily we won the game and ended our afternoon with these pots of goodness. Next time you're hosting people over to watch a game make your own wings, it's simple and yummy.

Buffalo Wings
Printable Recipe 

Ingredients:

1 bag chicken wing sections
1 bottle (17.5 oz) Texas Pete buffalo sauce (or brand of choice)
2 tbsp. Texas Pete hot sauce (or brand of choice)
1 stick butter
canola oil


Directions:

In a large pot heat 2 - 2 1/2 inches canola oil to 360 degrees F.

Fry 5-8 wings at a time until golden brown, about 12 minutes.

Meanwhile, in a medium sauce pan melt 1 stick of butter and add 1 bottle of buffalo sauce and 2 tbsp hot sauce.

When wings are golden brown, remove from pot and allow to drain on paper towels.

Toss wings in buffalo/butter mixture.

Remove from sauce and place on serving platter.

Serve with left over buffalo sauce if desired and ranch


No comments:

Post a Comment

Kentucky Food Bloggers
Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.