|Apple Cheese Danish|
|Pear Cheese Danish|
this post and decided to make an apple danish and a pear danish. They were both great!
Apple Cheese & Pear Cheese Danishes
Adapted from: A Cozy Kitchen
Yield: 2 danishes
8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
3 tbsp. ricotta
juice of 1 lemon
1/8 tsp. Kosher salt
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
5 tbsp. sugar, divided
2 Gala Apples (or 2 Pears)
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 box frozen puff pastry, defrosted
1. Preheat oven 400 degrees F.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer, add cream cheese, ricotta, vanilla, salt, and 4 tbsp. sugar. Mix until smooth with paddle attachment.
3. Peel and slice your apples or pears into 1/4 inch slices and toss with 1 tbsp. sugar, 1/2 tsp. cinnamon and juice of 1 lemon in a bowl with a wooden spoon.
4. Unfold 1 sheet of puff pastry and roll into 11 inch by 8 inch rectangle with a floured rolling pin.
5. Place puff pastry on parchment paper and place on cookie sheet. At an angle, slice off the top corners of pastry and cut two notches in the bottom. Cut 1 inch strips diagonally down both sides of puff pastry, making sure to leave center intact. You should have about 8 strips per side. (Check out A Cozy Kitchen for step-by-step photos.)
6. Add half the cream cheese/ricotta mixture to center of puff pastry and spread out evenly. Top with slices of apple or pear.
7. Fold in the bottom and top flaps of pastry then braid the side strips. Brush danish with egg wash and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
8. Refrigerate pastry 15 minutes until baking. Bake 20-23 minutes or until danish is golden brown.
9. Repeat steps 4-8 with second piece of puff pastry.