Monday, June 27, 2011

Roasted Chicken & Peppers

When I was younger if chicken wasn't on the table, I wasn't eating.  Well, I would eat the sides but chicken was the only "meat" I would eat.  Although I now consume almost any meat (however I don't eat fish), chicken is still my favorite! The first time I made roasted chicken I went by a recipe that had me cranking my oven up to 500 degrees F.  After about 20 minutes of cooking my entire kitchen house was filled with smoke and the only thing cooked was the skin (BURNED, actually)...the chicken itself was raw in the middle. Needless to say, I have no pictures of this lovely event to share because this all occurred quite some time before starting my blog.

The other evening I decided to try again, but this time I would just do my own thing and not go by any recipe.  My version turned out much better. YAY! The chicken was so tender and moist and the roasted peppers were almost like dessert they were so sweet-just the way I like 'em :)




Roasted Chicken & Peppers
Printable Recipe 

Serves 2

Ingredients:

2 bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts
3 bell peppers, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
lemon pepper seasoning (about 1-2 tbsp depending on your tastes)
4 tbsp butter, softened
salt & pepper
olive oil

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

Place peppers in a roasting pan* and place roasting rack on top of peppers, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.

Mix butter and lemon pepper seasoning until combined.

Make a small opening in the chicken breast membrane between the skin and flesh of the chicken. Glide your finger down the chicken breast to make room to stuff the butter mixture into the chicken.  Place half the butter mixture in the opening you made in the chicken breast and smooth out by running your fingers over the skin of the chicken.  Do the same with the second chicken breast.  Rub a little butter on the outside of the skin for browning. 

Place chicken on the roasting rack and drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper. 

Cook in oven for 45-60 minutes, or until meat thermometer reads 160 degrees. 

Place chicken and peppers on a plate and enjoy!



*If you don't have a roasting pan you can use a cookie sheet and cooling rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kentucky Food Bloggers
Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.