Friday, June 10, 2011

Coming Along...

I got to cook in my kitchen for the first time in almost 3 weeks! Unfortunately it wasn't anything too exciting: Turkey Burgers & bacon.  You're probably wondering, "Bacon? With turkey burgers...that sounds bad".  It was going to expire in a few days and the Turkey Burgers weren't really appealing to me so I fried up some bacon for a BLT.  Except I had no lettuce and no tomato so it was really a BMC (bacon, mayo, & cheese-provolone).  What I wouldn't give to have had a nice ripe tomato to place on top my bacon :) Ah well. It was still good. In fact, I ate two :) Anyway...

My kitchen is still not complete; we lack the drawers and cabinet doors.  This is probably going to take a lot longer because we plan to only do a few doors and/or drawers at a time so we don't get overwhelmed and so I can actually use my kitchen.  We aren't big into eating fast-food for dinner and that's what we've been doing far too much since I wasn't able to cook in my kitchen. To me, it's still a depressing mess but it's functional.  And I know once it's all complete I will be a happy cook once again! 

Also, I think my painting is just about done.  After a few days of priming and painting I thought I was getting a sinus infection but then I figured out it was just the paint getting to me and my horrible allergies.  It started with just being stuffy and sinus headaches everyday then turned into nose bleeds. Every time I try to paint, my nose feels very dry (I even tried using a mask) and then within 10 minutes it's "running" but it's blood...EWWWW!!  It's awful, painful, and GROSS!

Here are some pictures of the progress:


The doors are staying off this one


able to put stuff back in the cabinets :)

There is still so much to be done!  We have only lived in our home for 2 years and I was determined that I was NOT putting everything I took out of my cabinets back in.  In just 2 short years I have acquired TOO MUCH STUFF! All my cabinets were completely full.  So far I have been able to part with some extra wine glass, coffee mugs, and random glasses and a few bowls.  I still think I have too much stuff but I honestly use ALL of what I kept! YIKES....We'll have to wait and see if I can bring myself to part with any other items :)

One last picture just because she's my baby and I love her...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kentucky Food Bloggers
Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.