Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Knock You Naked Brownies


I have already made these brownies TWICE (I forgot to take a picture the first time, they actually looked better) and they are sooooo amazing, I'm sure I will be making them again next week :) They are super simple and so delicious.  Honestly, I could eat the whole pan myself; to my defense the pan is only an 8x8 :) HEHEHE (note the evil laugh).


It's really crazy how good these are because it's truly one of the easiest desserts I've made.  Funny that some of the best desserts I make (the ones my friends and family members request and ask for the recipes) are the easiest to make! Actually, in all honesty...those are the recipes I don't want to share because everyone just assumes that they are complicated because they are so good and are less impressed when I tell them how few ingredients and how simple they are :) Kidding, I LOVE sharing all tasty recipes and love it more when they are easy because it inspires those who say they "can't cook" to get in the kitchen! 


I only made two changes to the original recipe- omitted the nuts (too many of my friends don't like them so I just left them out) and instead of caramel candies I used caramel ice cream topping.  If you have a summer outing: a picnic, work pot-luck, birthday party, you need to make these and everyone will adore you! TRUST ME! Also, the first time I made these I didn't have German Chocolate cake mix and although it specifically said NOT to use Devil's Food, I DID! Guess what...still amazing! Actually, I think I liked them a little better with the Devil's Food but that's just me. 


Knock You Naked Brownies

Source: The Pioneer Woman

Printable Recipe 


Ingredients:

1 box German Chocolate Cake Mix (I've used Devil's Food as well)
1/3 cup Evaporated Milk
1/2 cup Evaporated Milk (additional)
1/2 cup Butter, Melted (1 stick)
1/2 jar Caramel Topping
1/3 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (I use Ghirardelli)
Powdered Sugar for dusting

Directions:

Preheat oven 350 degrees F

In a large bowl, combine cake mix, 1/3 cup evaporated milk, 1/2 cup melted butter.  Mix together until combined, it will be very thick.

Press half the mixture in a 9x9 prepared baking dish (make sure it's greased).  Bake 8-10 minutes, remove pan from oven and set aside.


In a small sauce pan, over medium-low heat combine 1/2 cup evaporated milk and 1/2 jar caramel sauce. Stir until mixture is combined, then pour over brownie and layer with chocolate chips.



Make an 8x8 square with remaining brownie mixture on wax paper and place in freezer 5 minutes (this makes it easier to handle). Place on top of first brownie layer (brownie side down) and peal off wax paper.

Bake 20-25 minutes, remove pan from oven and allow pan to cool to room temperature.  Cover and place in refrigerator for a few hours. 

When ready to serve, dust with powder sugar and ENJOY!
Even I wanted a glass of milk with these (I hate milk)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kentucky Food Bloggers
Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.