Thursday, May 26, 2011

Turkey Burgers


I bought some ground turkey last week because it was a managers special. I cannot remember exactly, but I think it was $0.50/lb-something super-duper cheap! I have used ground turkey only once; making a lasagna.  I figured turkey burgers would be an easy thing to make and since I didn't have a recipe (or so I thought) I would just make them the same way I do my hamburgers. When making hamburgers I just add some S&P and Worcestershire sauce to the ground chuck and throw 'em on the grill.  After looking through my Simply Suppers cookbook I realized there was a Turkey Burger recipe so I thought I'd give that a go.  Of course, I had to make a few changes due to what ingredients I did and did not have on hand.  I'm proud of myself for resisting the temptation to run to the store and buy the 2 ingredients I didn't have on hand.  :)

Greta hanging in the yard while Steve grilled the burgers :)

Turkey Burgers
 Adapted from Simply Suppers
Printable Recipe

Ingredients:

1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
1 tbsp. milk
1 lb ground turkey
1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese (original recipe calls for sharp white cheddar)
3 tbsp. Dijon mustard
Kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
hamburger buns

*1 lb. ground turkey makes 4 burgers*
*Original recipe also included 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions which would be mixed in with turkey mixture before grilling).

Directions:

Preheat grill or grill pan**

In a large mixing bowl combine panko bread crumbs & milk until milk is absorbed.  Add the ground turkey, cheddar cheese, & Dijon mustard.  Season with s&p to taste.  Gently mix together by hand until well combined.

Divide and form 4 patties.


Grill burgers until there is no pink, about 6-8 minutes per side.

During the last few minutes add a slice of cheese if desired

Let rest 5 minutes before serving!

To serve, lightly toast buns on grill then place turkey burger in between the bun & garnish as desired.  ENJOY!

**Original recipe says to preheat oven 395 degrees F and after browning both sides of turkey burger, place in oven 8-10 minutes or until burgers are no longer pink in the middle. I did my burgers on the grill the entire time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kentucky Food Bloggers
Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.