Saturday, April 9, 2011

Pork Tenderloin

I'm so glad it's finally the weekend! How about you?  This work week felt like it would NEVER end, but Friday made it's appearance and I'm over joyed!  Tomorrow is the first day that our local farmers market opens at its outdoor venue! However, the weather man is calling for rain :( I'm hoping it will hold out long enough for me to get down there and buy some goodies.  I will be sure to post my finds.

Anyway, to the pork tenderloin.  I tend to make this two to three times a month.-It's cheap, fast, easy, and so yummy! My husband enjoys it, so that's a plus too.  You can purchase a package (includes two tenderloins) for about $12.00! If you're feeding two, that is two cheap-o meals.  I usually bring it home from the grocery, open the package, and freeze one for later.

 I don't have a specific recipe, but this is how I usually cook it.  You can really use whatever suites your fancy :)


 Pork Tenderloin
Printable Recipe

Ingredients:

pork tenderloin
olive oil
2-3 tbsp Weber steak 'n chop seasoning (or any seasoning you choose)*
2 tbsp ground coriander


Directions:

Preheat outdoor grill or grill pan to medium high heat. 

Prepare pork tenderloin by removing the silverskin and adding your choice of seasonings.  Make sure to rub the seasoning into the pork (get those hands dirty) and drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil.
Grill pork on all sides, turning about every 10 minutes (this will depend on your grill or pan temp) until done. Instant read thermometer reads 170 degrees F
Let pork rest 5 minutes before slicing to allow the juices to redistribute.

Serve and enjoy

*I normally just use my grocery store's brand of all purpose seasoning but the Weber seasoning caught my eye while at Sam's Club so I tried it. LOVED IT! 
You can use what ever seasonings you like to rub on your pork, this is just what I have found that my family enjoys the most so I stick with it.  You could also do this in the oven if you prefer.  I normally cook mine on 375 degrees F for about 45-60 minutes. 

1 comment:

Kentucky Food Bloggers
Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.