Sunday, March 27, 2011

Spiced Chipotle Honey Chicken Breasts with Sweet Potatoes

I hope everyone had a fabulous week and weekend. We had a very busy week so I wasn't able to post until this weekend.  Between meeting our new church life-group on Tuesday night (I'm super excited about this by the way), watching MARCH MADNESS all week and buying a car this weekend, I haven't had a second to post this yummy recipe!  Speaking of March madness, Kentucky beat Ohio State, the overall number one seed! It was quite the nail-biter.  Thankfully, we pulled off the upset :) YAY UK!

Anyway, back to cooking...

Do you need a super-easy yet very flavorful mid-week chicken meal? This is it! I made this last week after work and it was so fast and easy. I have a love for sweet potatoes so when I saw this over at Pink Parsley, I knew this was a must-make.  A few years ago when I was in college my mom and I would meet after my night class at a local restaurant almost every week and I would always get a sweet potato, topped with butter & cinnamon (so amazing) and I was also eating one at home a week as well.  My skin started to take a tint of orange, NO LIE!  If you eat too many sweet potatoes, your skin will turn a little orange, especially if you are pasty white like myself.  Nonetheless, I didn't quit eating them, they are one of my all-time favorites!


Spiced Chipotle Honey Chicken Breasts with Sweet Potatoes
Printable Recipe 
Source: Pink Parsley

Ingredients:

4 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
3 tbsp olive oil
4 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, minced
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 1/4 tsp kosher salt, plus more to taste
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2 lbs)
chopped cilantro, for garnish

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. 

Place sweet potatoes into a medium bowl, set aside.


In a small bowl, mix together: 1 tbsp olive oil, chipotles, garlic, honey, vinegar, salt, cumin, & cinnamon, reserve 2 tbsp of paste.  Toss with the sweet potatoes.   Mix 2 tbsp olive oil with reserved 2 tsp of the paste and set aside.

Place sweet potatoes in the bottom of a roasting pan (I used a 9x13 cake baking pan b/c I don't have a roasting pan) and bake for 15 minutes.  meanwhile, rub the chicken breasted with remaining paste.

Stir the potatoes and place the chicken breasts on top, carefully.  Continue to roast until chicken is just cooked through, registering 165 on an instant read thermometer-about 15-25 minutes longer.

Divide the potatoes and chicken evenly among plates and serve.  Drizzle with a little extra honey if desired and garnish with fresh cilantro, ENJOY!


*I halved this to make a dinner for two, however I made the same amount of paste :)  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kentucky Food Bloggers
Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.