|Ingredients, oops I left out the cream!|
Rigatoni with Eggplant & Pine Nut Crunch
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 1 unpeeled large eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 medium yellow bell peppers, cut into 1/2-inch squares
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 3 large garlic cloves, divided
- olive oil
- 2 cups fresh basil, divided
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1, 28oz. can whole tomatoes in juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 pound rigatoni
- 1 pound Mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
|Veggies, pre roasting|
Combine 2/3 cup basil, 1/2 cup Parmesan, pine nuts, and 1 garlic clove in food processor. Blend ingredients until crumbly then season with salt to taste.
|Basil, pine nut, Parmesan crumble|
Blend tomatoes with juice, cream, 1 1/3 cps basil, and 1 garlic clove in food processor until smooth then add salt and pepper.
Cook pasta in pot of boiling, salted water until tender, but still firm to bite. Drain then return to pot. Add the veggies, sauce, and 1/2 cup Parmesan. Transfer to a large baking dish (13x9x2) and add the Mozzarella and pine nut topping.
|Ready to bake|
Bake pasta until heated through, 25-35 minutes then let stand 10 minutes before serving.
|Eat & Enjoy!|
This is a great family dish or a dinner for two with lots left over for lunch or dinner the next day :)