Thursday, December 1, 2011

Cranberry Sauce

I'd never had homemade cranberry sauce until this Thanksgiving.  Call me crazy, but I really enjoy the canned stuff.  In fact, it's one of my favorite parts of the holidays. I really love spreading some canned cranberry sauce over cold turkey... YUM!
Once I saw this post my heart was set on making my own cranberry sauce and forgoing the canned stuff.  I'm so glad I made this choice.  I don't know why but I had this misconception that making cranberry sauce would be difficult...WRONG! It was super easy and made my kitchen smell AMAZING!!! Cranberries, orange, nutmeg, allspice, and cinnamon. I need a candle that smelled like this sauce because it was intoxicating and I really enjoyed this dish.
I still have some leftovers in my fridge, but I don't expect them to be there much longer because I have full intent on eating it all up myself. 
Cranberry Sauce
source: The Pastry Affair
Printable Recipe

Yield: 2 cups

Ingredients:

4 cups (12 oz) fresh cranberries
1 cup orange juice, freshly squeezed
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
zest of 1 orange

Directions:

In a large saucepan, stir cranberries, orange juice, and sugar together.

Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat.

Turn heat down and let simmer until cranberries burst and sauce thickens, 10-12 minutes.

Sauce will continue to thicken while cooling. 

Stir in cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, and orange zest.

Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kentucky Food Bloggers
Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.