Friday, May 13, 2011

Creamy Steak Pasta

Sorry I have been MIA for awhile.  This past week was pretty hectic and I didn't do much cooking; at least not anything worth posting or talking about. Sometimes I just have those weeks when although I love cooking I just don't really feel like it. I get home from work and there are so many other things that need to be done and I'm already tired that cooking dinner just seems like a mountain I can't climb. Do you ever feel that way?

I have actually made this dinner several times before but I normally use chicken.  Well, after searching in the freezer I had one New York Strip steak left (I hate how so many large packages of meats come in odd numbers, MAJOR PET PEEVE of mine).  I decided I would toss the steak on the top of this easy creamy pasta and it was a success! How could it not be? STEAK, PASTA, CHEESE (lots of yummy cheese). That's a good trinity if you ask me!

 

 

Creamy Steak Pasta 

Printable Recipe 

Ingredients:

8 oz. steak (I used strip)
2 cups penne pasta (I used whole wheat)
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp flour
1 1/2 cup milk
4 oz. cream cheese
1/2-3/4 cup Pecorino Romano cheese (grated)

Directions:

Heat grill pan and season steak as desired (I like Weber Steak 'N Chop seasoning)

Cook steak 8-12 minutes per side (depending on how well or rare you want your meat)   
Meanwhile, cook pasta per box directions (Don't forget to salt your boiling water prior to adding the pasta)

Melt butter in medium sauce pan.  Stir in flour until blended well.

Gradually stir in milk, bring to a boil and cook on medium about 2 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly.
Add cream cheese, grated cheese, and salt & pepper to taste, cook 1-2 minutes or until cheese is completely melted and sauce is blended.

Drain pasta and place in bowl, toss to coat with sauce then add steak  ENJOY :)




*This serves two with some left over pasta*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kentucky Food Bloggers
Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All Rights Reserved.